Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fun Activities Blog

The best part about being an elementary education major is that I can now see the educational gain in many children's games/activities.  Recently, I was visiting pinterest.com and saw that a friend of mine had pinned a blog listing 75 activities for children to do at home.  Out of curiosity, I decided to see what this blog listed. As I was reading through the activities, I realized almost all of them have potential educational gain.  All of the activities that are listed on this blog can be done at home, but why not do them at school, too?  Some may be a bit expensive to do with an average class size of 26, but most are definitely doable and have minimal amounts of prep time.  I really enjoyed the cloud activity, the book making activity, the egg activity, picking an animal and researching it for an entire day, letter writing to family, popsicle stick puzzles, and paint and roll marbles.  If you have children who will be home over summer break and you are looking for fun, educational activities that don't include the television or the computer, I highly recommend visiting this blog!
 


http://cuegly.blogspot.com/2011/09/75-kid-activities.html

No comments:

Post a Comment